Here is a recipe and devotion we have done with our children as part of our Resurrection Sunday celebration. I got the recipe and only slighted adapted it from here.
- One can crescent rolls
- 8 marshmallows (one for each roll or 2-3 minis)
- Melted butter
- Cinnamon sugar (1 part cinnamon to 3 parts sugar)
- Preheat oven to 375°F. Read John chapter 19.
- Unroll the crescent rolls.
- Take a marshmallow, symbolizing Jesus: pure and without sin, and roll it in the butter. This represents the embalming oils.
- Then roll the buttered marshmallow in the cinnamon sugar, symbolizing the spices used in burial.
- Wrap the marshmallow in a crescent roll, securely covering it. This represents verse 40, “they took the body of Jesus and bound it in linen cloths.”
- Put the rolls in the oven. Bake according to the package directions. This symbolizes Jesus being laid in the tomb.
- While the rolls are baking, read John 20:1-18.
- When the rolls are finished baking and have cooled enough to handle, break one open to discover what happened to “Jesus”! He is not there!
He is risen indeed!